Online Personal Data Guardian Training (this course is only open for nominated individuals)
Held online via MS Teams and would comprise of the following format:
- The call will be scheduled for 2 hours
- Presentation and MS Teams link will be issued 4 working days in advance
- Delegates are advised to read the course materials prior to the session, so at the beginning they can highlight any areas they may be specifically unsure of, or if there are any specific issues/scenarios that they want to discuss.
- After the session, time will be spent reflecting afterwards and consolidating training into a learning and development form.
- A certificate of attendance will be issued.
The course will be facilitated by BLS Stay Compliant Directors, Sandra Lomax and Gary Baker.
Sandra was Assistant Director of Information Assurance at a large city council where she established multi agency data sharing and culture change in all aspects of information management. During this time, she was accountable and responsible for the strategic and operational delivery of the SIRO function on behalf of the Director of Finance. The Council was referred to as an example site by the ICO. She is Caldicott Guardian for Hospice UK and has worked on several health and social care integration projects alongside over 60 GP practices and is Vice Chair of the UK Caldicott Guardian Council.
Gary Baker is a retired Police Superintendent with 30 years' experience in a large police force. He is an accredited Police Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) and has been the senior decision-maker in high profile incidents and enquiries involving information-rights and the management and decision making concerning the disclosure of sensitive personal information. He is a trained Lead Reviewer for national serious case reviews, involving both adults and children, in England and Wales.
- Overview of PDG
- Key role and responsibilities
- Working key decision makers SIRO, DPO, IG teams
- Complying with the law
- Data sharing and Ethics
- Data Breaches
- Role of the regulators
- Follow up actions
(Prices do not include VAT)
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course, if you would like to submit an expression of interest please contact us.