HSCB - Developing Competence in Outcome Based Accountability
As part of the Ambition Programme, the Health & Social Care Board's (HSCB) Planning and Commissioning Directorate has commissioned the Health & Social Care Leadership Centre (HSC LC) to facilitate a series of events aimed at improving staff competence in Outcome Based Accountability (OBA)
The need to secure improved health outcomes for the population of Northern Ireland requires staff within the Directorate to develop their competence across the key stages of the planning cycle, including specification of population level outcomes evaluation techniques and data handling. Adopting an OBA approach and methodology is a key priority for the Directorate.
Why are we doing this?
- Principles: What rules must we obey in our pursuit of our purpose?
- Participants: Who must be included to achieve our purpose?
- Structure: How will we organise to achieve our purpose?
- Practices: What are we doing to do? What will we offer our service users and other stakeholders?
Participants will engage in a combination of theory and pracical application, via a case study
At the end of this programme participants will be able to:
- Increase awareness and understanding of an OBA approach and methodology at individual and team level
- Develop staff competence in the practical application of an OBA approach
- Support improved collaboration and integrated working among partners in the future planning model around an OBA approach to shared desired otucomes
Anyone involved in developing directorate strategic plans
This programme will introduce an OBA approach and methodology. This will help staff make sense of the approach so that they can look for practical ways to implement OBA within the Directorate. The programme will be delivered virtually with a guest speaker who will introduce a particular element of the OBA approach followed by a Purpose to Practice methodology centred on 5 key discussions to explore its implementation.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course, if you would like to submit an expression of interest please contact us.