Acumen 22/23 (Nominations Only)
Click here for the Acumen Brochure
Applications for Acumen are now open. Initial applications should be made to your line manager who will forward to your Trust / Organisation SLA Coordinator.
If you are successful you will be notified by your line manager and then you can apply by selecting the 'apply now' button on the Course Dates & Venues tab to continue with the application process.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic colleagues as they are currently under represented in our leadership programmes.
Acumen is the HSC Leadership Centre's regional leading edge development opportunity for Directors, Medical Directors and Associate Medical Directors across health and social care and wider public services. This is now in its sixth year and is based on the latest research in leadership behaviours and contexualised for the strategic challenges facing our system.
Continually redesigned to be innovative, fresh and leading edge, Acumen builds on your existing leadership skills, supporting you to make confident strategic decisions and engage effectively within and across our system boundaries. It challenges you to think about your personal resilience for transformation; what high impact and collective leadership means for you; and it provides opportunities to enhance your visability, developing networks and communities of practice beyond Northern Ireland to include the other healthcare systems and public services.
It partners with a range of providers across the UK to provide stretch development opportunities that will enable system wide thinking and deliver measurable outcomes across our system.
Working with other talented leaders from across the HSC and wider public services, you will have an opportunity to stretch and challenge how you view, and perform in, your leadership role. The perspectives of other industry leaders and collaboration on a 'live' regional community improvement venture will also form part of this holistic learning experience.
- Individual executive coaching focused on your personal needs and development
- Virtual and face to face discussion sessions, including perspectives from other leading industry thought leaders
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with colleagues from Northern Ireland and beyond, across public services including DoH, NIFRS, PSNI and Education
- Learning as part of a community of leaders, providing peer support, mentoring and opportunities for challenge
- On demand access to online support tools and resources, including a virtual portal
- Collaboration with other participants to drive forward a 'live' community improvement venture supported by systemic team coaching
- Stretch opportunities to develop your growth mind set and build your leadership capability
- Mentoring opportunities to discuss in a safe environment your personal leadership challenges and offer a supportive relationship where you can test your 'Leadership Logic'
Acumen is for Directors, Medical Directors and Associate Medical Directors from across health and social care and public services
The programme will be delivered across five modules. Some will be residential, and we may use virtual means where necessary due to restrictions. There may be some work required in the evenings. A 'live' community imporvement venture will be conducted in teams throughout the duration of the programme and the outcomes presented at the final event.
How it will be delivered
- Personal assessments
- International perspectives
- Micro learning
- Individaul exectuvie coaching
- Systemic team coaching
- Core modules supported by virtual learning
- 'Live' community improvement venture
- Peer coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing hub
- Linkage to other public service executive leaders and from across various systems
- Leadership dialogues
- Insight visits
How to get onboard
Register with us by using the ‘apply’ button on the Course Dates & Venues tab.
*Please ensure you contact your OWD/HR SLA Co-ordinator to register your application and ascertain how your organisation intends to fund and select participants for this programme.*
Closing date for applications - 8th August 2022
Confirmation of a place on the programme will be made by your organisation in consultation with the Programme Director and you will be notified of the outcome by your organisation.
Onboarding will take place on Thursday 22nd September 2022
Please view programme brochure for all programme dates and hold these in your calendar.
Cost of Acumen is to be charged at 4 MD places or £3,832.00
(Prices do not include VAT)
There are currently no dates scheduled for this course, if you would like to submit an expression of interest please contact us.